Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Frozen custard in February

I went out a while ago to grab some frozen custard, which seems to be available everywhere in Wisconsin. Before I moved here, I'd never heard of frozen custard. What a deprived existence I led...

If nothing else, February here is great for frozen custard because you can walk along the sidewalk at a leisurely pace, enjoying your frozen treat with nary a worry of its melting.

In a weird way, this leads me to the recent sillyness in the NHL. Perhaps if professional hockey were restricted to only those cities in which liquids naturally become solids in the winter, the NHL and the players wouldn't be in such a ridiculous situation. Or maybe they would. Greed and selfishness seem to take root wherever they can. I don't know that a smaller league would make any difference in this case.

Just something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home