Saturday, June 10, 2006

Time travel

Wow. I'm listening to iTunes again...perpetually, it seems. Among many other gems, my electronic jukebox has selected "Two Steps" by Chomsky. I'm immediately back in undergrad, driving my mom's car - why not mine? Mine didn't have a CD player. And back then, iPods weren't even a twinkle in Steve Jobs' eye. I'm driving back home with the Hot Date, knowing that I'll be driving HD to the airport - again - to go back home, 1300 miles away from me, the next morning. Perpetually wanting to be closer. The CD in the player? Chomsky's "A Few Possible Selections for the Soundtrack of Your Life." I can't remember the last time I listened to it.

Tonight we're about six years on down the line and we're apart again - for just a short while. And this time it's only 700 miles. And Chomsky's still here. And it still utterly sucks being apart when all I want is to be together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home