Sunday, February 20, 2005

Automobile bello

The discovery requests (which I should probably note are for a class exercise, not a client) are done. Well, as done as anything ever is. Re-writes are sure to come tonight. With any luck all the parts will work together like a well-oiled machine and I'll get the info I need from my 'opposing counsel' a/k/a another student in my class.

Speaking of well-oiled machines, yesterday I had a random encounter with an amazing car a few blocks from my apartment. I wish I'd had a camera with me - there, parked on a street in Nowhere, Wisconsin, in the middle of winter, sat one of the most striking automobiles I've ever seen: a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte. I'm still reeling.

This is a town of Subarus and Jeeps and other 4WD vehicles assaulted by sodium for 6 months a year. A Maserati, with its smooth, delicate looking skin, sticks out here as something fragile and terribly beautiful that belongs in a temperate land of sun and olives and good wine - some place where people appreciate all the things a Maserati is without any worries about how it handles in snow. Sigh.

Speaking of snow, according to the pile of heavy, wet snow I swept off my car this afternoon (yep, swept, with a broom) we've had at least three inches since last night. I hope the Maserati is safe somewhere in a heated garage and that its owner has more sense than to drive it today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home