Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My bike works again!

I finally got my bike repaired. A while back I was out for a ride and had to swerve to avoid traffic. I nailed a large crack in the pavement just right and dinged the rim on my bike's rear wheel. The damage wasn't extensive, so I kept riding. I took the bike to several shops and they all agreed: gotta get a new wheel eventually.

So, I rode on it some more, but the rim damage made the bike unstable at higher speeds and also made the rear brake a little sketchy b/c the brake pads didn't make full contact with the deformed rim. I took my bike to a shop yesterday and, as luck would have it, someone had recently upgraded his/her wheel set and left the old (essentially brand new - less than 20 miles on 'em) wheel set behind. Best of all, the wheel set came off a cyclocross bike, which should mean that they're built to withstand a little more punishment than racing rims. I got a deal on some nice wheels, and the bike rides like new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home