Friday, April 28, 2006

"Come on baby, don't let me down"

That, gentle readers, is one of the greatest lines ever uttered in all of film-dom. It's from a little known gem called The Final Sacrifice. TFS was a REALLY low budget (like no-budget) "film" made quite a while ago with an apparently not-so-generous grant from the province of Alberta. Either that, or Mr. Greidanus (we can only presume it's pronouned "gr-eye-dahnoos" though I think we all want it to be "great anus"), the director, blew the budget on strippers and stubbies of Molson. Yeesh.

And then MST3K (mystery science theatre 3000) got hold of it and made it something grand and terrifyingly funny.

As I recall, at the point I picked out, the two heroes of the story, Zap Rowsdower and Troy McGreggor, are trying to get an ancient pickup truck to start. The older, fatter, less attractive hero says "come on baby, don't let me down" and Mike, one of the MST3K-ers voices over as the younger, skinnier, less attractive hero, "I won't, Rowsdower." Solid gold.

Anyway, my brain is the truck and I am Rowsdower. I have two exams - TWO stinking, paltry little exams to take before I am rid of law school. I've ridden out so many exams by now that these two shouldn't even register on my Richter scale.

But there's something extra-freaky about knowing that the last two are here. This is it. And my final final exam is in the hardest class I've ever taken IN MY LIFE. Great planning! I think my alternator is shot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home