Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mmmm...pearl jam....

I'm really digging the first 2 cuts off the new Pearl Jam album. Very tasty. Just thought I'd share. Although I notice that Ticketmaster is selling tickets for their shows...hmmm...

I think there's a pretty simple way to account for the discrepancy between PJ's angry-at-the-man music and their apparent willingness to whore themsel...I mean team with notoriously evil Ticketmaster: the Krusty defense.

That's right. Remember the Canyonero episode of The Simpsons? I kind of do and I think it goes something like this. Krusty goes all George Carlin, decries the evils of celebrity endorsement and selling out, and gains quite a devoted following of adoring fans who love to hear him stick it to the man.

But toward the end of the episode, Krusty's standup routine takes a turn for worse as he shills for the Canyonero, a behemoth SUV. Someone puts the question to Krusty: How could you do it? How could you turn your back on us like this? His tortured response: They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house.

So, PJ, hats off. Your music is really on track again. Seriously, it sounds awesome. And if I were in your place, I'd be selling and licensing everything possible to squeeze every last penny out of my celebrity. So, if anyone gives you shit over sticking with Ticketmaster (even after your nasty little spat back in the '90s), just whip out the Krusty defense.

Granted, it may not be as compelling as the Chewbacca defense, or as clearly awesome as Accident Prone's emergency-only plan, but the Krusty defense does have its merits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home